The articles in this blog by Central City Opera are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Where will Carmen be next?


If you don't know me, you ought to. As the Spanish Gypsy in the famed opera Carmen, you might say I'm a little saucy, sassy and passionate. Which means that I fit in perfectly with everyone I ran into over the past few days here in Denver. You are my kind of people! Check out these pics and then check me out in my upcoming performance coming up in Denver on July 12th, 2011 at Comfort Dental Amphitheater.


So, where would I go to hang out with the only people more outrageous than me? PrideFest, of course. Over the June 18th weekend I hob-knobbed, flirted and greeted the throngs of adoring fans and yes, I was giving it away...tickets silly, TICKETS!


Too much flamboyance in one spot? I think not!
I'm pretty sure we were separated at birth. In case you don't know who I'm referring to, that's pop sensation Niki Minaj.
Niki Minaj look-alike and moi at PrideFest
I love everyone. And just to prove it, I sashayed over to the Westword Music Showcase. Wow! You guys are lucky to have so much talent here. Although I'm an opera singer, it doesn't mean I can't get my groupie on. It's really not an accepted practice to stage dive, flick your lighter for an encore, or make devil horns during an opera so I did all that and a little more. In spite of it all, the security people were such darlings. 


What do you get when you mix rock stars with opera stars?
When you're with Carmen, you're bound to get lucky. Case and point: This is one of my
adoring fans who just got free tickets to see yours truly in, you guessed it, Carmen.

The only way to keep my entourage from being trampled at the Westword Music
Showcase by my understandably rabid fans was to give away tickets.
Bike to Work Day

If anyone knows and appreciates bikes, it's me. Hola? I'm Spanish, remember? And we Spaniards are BIG cyclists. From the flat lands through the famed Pyrenees mountains, dress or no dress, we know how to bike. Everyday is Bike to Work Day back home, but you guys are definitely off to a good start! Who better to add a little flair and spice to this day than me?!

Proof.
Denver BCycle

Back home, I have a bumper sticker on my bike that says, "My other car is a pedi-cab." What a coincidence!




Here I am again beating fans off with more free tickets.
Apparently, he rode all the way from Spain. What my fans won't do for me.

I busted these paramedics for not keeping up with me.
Apparently he's someone muy importante. Regardless, Carmen says "YES!" to all.

Do I really need to tell you what I'm doing here? Breathe Denver

A little warrior, a downward dog or two and I'm ready to more than commute. I'm ready to bring the pain train to anyone that's going to try and maintain my tempo.

Me leading the peloton, of course

A huge shout out to my fabulous sponsors - Denver Museum of Nature & Science, Comedy Works, Denver BCycle, Museum of Outdoor Arts, John Madden Company, SCFD and The Denver Post Community.

Keep up if you can...and look for me at Comedy Works in Landmark Square this Saturday and Sunday! Go to www.centralcityopera.org/denver#Details to see where you can find me!

No comments:

Post a Comment